Sign Up For News And Updates

Your Contact Information
First Name:
Last Name:
E-mail Address:
Sign up for the following:

Your Address
Mobile Phone:
Learn more about opt-in
By checking this box, you agree to receive email and text message updates from us. By checking this box, I consent to receive event and news updates via email and SMS. Unsubscribe anytime via provided links. Your information is safe with us and used solely for providing our News and updates. Standard Msg & Data rates may apply.
Early Childhood Professionals Needed - Join our team !
 Banner Image


Mission Statement

To stimulate the birth and growth of locally generated, low cost, parent-to-parent interventions that improve health and child development for low-income families.

National MIHOW Website



Regardless of living conditions or circumstances, every family has strengths.’ This philosophy is called the Strength-Based Approach. The MIHOW staff uses this approach to assist each family to recognize and build upon their unique strengths. MIHOW women use their existing strengths toward a greater sense of purpose, hope, and empowerment.


80% of families must be enrolled during pregnancy in order to maintain accreditation. We reserve the remaining 20% for community referrals. MIHOW has no income guidelines, to be eligible a family must be pregnant, live in the Ohio County area, and be willing to participate in the program.


Once enrolled, children remain in the program until age 3.  In January of the year of the child's 3rd birthday, staff completes applications for all children who may be eligible for Head Start services.


Right from the Start Partners In Prevention
Ohio Valley Breastfeeding Coalition Team for WV Children
Ohio County WIC Program Ohio County Family Resource Network
Gabriel Project WV DHHR
Partners in Community Outreach (PICO) Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department
ECIC King’s Daughters Child Care Center

For more information please contact:

Kathryn Vizyak
Ohio County MIHOW Program
1 Orchard Road, Wheeling WV 26003
(304) 233-3290