HR and Employment
Northern Panhandle’s Human Resources (HR) Office has an open door policy for all staff.
The HR Office strives to provide excellent customer service to both the clients of NPHS and to the staff. The HR office is responsible for administration of benefits and ensuring that the agency is in compliance with employment law. All staff have professional development plans to help enhance their work experience with NPHS. Applicants are welcome to submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Below is a brief list of our positions and minimum degree requirements.
- Teachers – Minimum of an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education with willingness to obtain a Bachelors Degree - this is for non-pre-k rooms only. The credential needed for pre-k room teacher position is a Bachelor's Degree and meet the qualifications as outlined in state pre-k teacher certification
- Teacher Assistant – High School Diploma with 1 year experience and willingness to obtain Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Bus Driver - High School Diploma or GED, CDL Class A or B with passenger and school bus endorsement
- Family Resource Advocates – Associate Degree in Human Services or related field
- Kitchen Aide – High School Diploma and experience
- Parent Educator – Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
IMPORTANT - All applicants must be able to pass a background check, and a drug and alcohol test.
Even if there are no vacancies, we are always in need of substitutes who receive priority when there are vacancies. For additional information call 304-233-3290 and ask for the HR Dept.
Online Employment Inquiry
Positions require a valid driver’s license, ability to drive around the 5 county service area, current food handler’s card, First Aid and CPR certification, and the ability to pass a background check, and pass a drug/alcohol test.
Resumes will be accepted until positions are filled. Review of resumes begins immediately. Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Northern Panhandle Head Start Inc.
1 Orchard Road, Wheeling, WV 26003
Resumes must be attached as a Microsoft Word Document.
Northern Panhandle Head Start is an equal opportunity employer.